Tuesday, April 22, 2014

This...

 
These are weapons.  I always keep one next to my pillow, in case a burglar breaks in. 
 
Just kidding.  I don't use them as weapons.  But they would make effective ones, should the need ever arise.
 
 
This is a picture that had potential but was spoiled by my camera angle.
 
 
This is a typical scene...sheep crossing the road.
 
 
This is the beach.
 
 
This is one of the Sunday School classes at my church back home.
 
 
This is bag of goodies folks from home sent with Uncle Dan and Auntie Tina.
 
 
These are cards from my Sunday School kids.  So sweet.
 
 
This is a hand-painted box made by Auntie Betty (from my church back home).  It makes a very handy place to store my jewelry. :)
 
 
This was Friday night.  Five girls, pizza, a movie, and caramel popcorn.  Fun!
 
 
This is the current jelly in my fridge: cashew apple butter.  It reminds me of a peach-apricot combination.
 
 
This is pesto fettuccine, courtesy of my friend Abigail.  (She sent the ingredients.)
 
 
This is laundry day.
 
 
This was Sunday...which really deserves its own post, but I'm being lazy efficient.  Everyone was taking pictures of everyone, which was kind of nice.  "Hurray, I can take pictures without being 'that weird one'!"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is a sign that, as everyone here keeps saying, La chaleur arrive (the heat is coming).  The fan is back in operation.
 
 
This is how I unwound after a longer-than-usual Sunday: a 2 1/2 hour trek through the snowy Austrian mountains, chains rattling all the way.
 
 
This was Monday morning's breakfast.
 
 
This was part of a weekend project: reorganizing my apartment.  It felt so good!
 
 
This is how I mark milestones.  (Have I really been here eight months?  Crazy.)

2 comments:

  1. Who are those lovely looking ladies with you on that Friday night with the Popcorn? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is that beautiful girl in the white dress? :)

    ReplyDelete