Saturday, October 18, 2014

Celebration: {Day 18} When I'm Empty

It's a feeling most of us hate: emptiness.  We spend much of our lives trying to avoid that feeling in its different forms - hunger, loneliness, boredom, inadequacy, etc.

Our 21st century lives could easily be characterized by the word full.

But I wonder if that fullness is really just an illusion?

I wonder, too, if emptiness is such a bad thing.  If we need to go to such lengths to avoid it.

It might just be the ideal catalyst to a deeper, overflowing experience of grace.

Tonight, the clock fast approaching midnight, I am short on words.  Coming up empty on any of the topics I'd considered writing about today.

So I'll open my heart to drink in that grace once again.

My emptiness, His fullness...

My hunger, His manna...

My weakness, His strength...

My not-enough-ness, His total sufficiency...

This is my resting place - at the end of the day, the end of the week, and for always.

No comments:

Post a Comment