Monday, October 27, 2014

Celebration: {Day 27} Walking Partners

I don't mind walking alone, but it's nice to have a good friend along for the company.  There's safety, motivation, and accountability in having a walking partner.  In the same way, it's good to have company for our Christian life, our walk of faith.

And for that walk, I have some pretty cool partners.

They make me laugh.  They make me think.  They listen to my struggles, hopes, and fears - and share their own.

When I start lagging, they encourage me, pointing out the finish line 'way out there on the horizon.  When I get distracted, they remind me to keep to the trail.  If I limp, they're there to tuck an arm under mine and help me on.

Just like people taking a hike together talk about the scenery around them (because they're both on the same trail), my walking-in-faith partners and I can talk about the scenery around us.  We can process the realities of the journey we share, and what God is showing us along the way.

God could have turned us all lose to forge trails on our own, but He didn't.  I'm glad that in His plan, He designed us to need companionship.  And each stick-by-my-side walking partner is a grace-gift from Him.

It's easy to take these gifts for granted.  But this evening, I'm pausing to reflect on His grace in bringing certain people into my life.  He is good.  And I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment