Saturday, October 4, 2014

Celebration: {Day 4} Jehovah Jireh

Jehovah Jireh.  The God who provides - everything I need, all of it undeserved, all of it grace.

He provides each day in so many ways, but I'd like to share a few examples that stand out in my mind.

There was the time back in training...  Some new friends - also missionaries - dropped me off at my place after a nice meal together (and loading me with "goodies"/leftovers to take home!).  They got out of the car and hugged me good-bye, then the wife pressed something into my hand.  I thanked her, of course, but in the darkness I couldn't see exactly what she'd given me.  I assumed it was $20 or something.  I got inside and to my amazement, it was...a $100 bill.  $100!  Just like that.  Needless to say, I was overwhelmed.

There have been several times I've received a gift of support from complete strangers...  Like I've-never-heard-of-you-and-I've-never-even-been-to-that-state-before!  My initial response was, "How is that possible?  How could they have even heard of me?!"  Jehovah Jireh just doesn't fit inside my little box.

There was the time when, after months of fruitless job hunting, the Lord gave me the idea to look into camps in the area.  (Up until that time, I'd been looking mostly at office and retail type jobs.)  I did, and narrowed it down to two places with positions still open.  I called them both.  Long story short, the second place offered me a position, and I got to work with an incredibly fun group of people that summer!  Sometimes the Lord provides in ways that we weren't initially expecting.

...And there are so many more stories I could share.

How about you?  Do you have a story of His gracious (and perhaps unexpected) provision?

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment