Tuesday, November 4, 2014

This...

 
This is (I'm pretty sure) from the very last storm of the season.  So long, glorious thunder and lightning.  Until next year...
 
 
This is what happens when my sister casually mentions something that screams "Fall!"
 
 
This is my neighbor-across-the-road enjoying a mid-morning snack.
 
 
This is what happens when matches get wet.
 
 
This is an everyday sight: clotheslines strung with color.
 
 
This is a regular in the neighborhood.  He likes to hang out on one particular antenna.
 
 
This is Angèle's cure for a sore throat: hot bouye (monkey bread juice), sweetened with honey instead of sugar.  I tossed a cinnamon stick in too, just because I had them.  It was good. :)
 
 
This makes me laugh...the way he has one leg just lazily dangling down.
 
 
This is an avocado that was more pit than anything else.
 
 
This is because quiet moments are good: God, His Word, and a cup of tea.  (Amazing what that can do for the spirits!)
 
 
This is a typical broom.  (So if you're sweeping with one, you have to bend almost double to reach the floor.)
 
 
This makes my heart oh-so-happy.
 
 
This is an impressively long carrot.  At least for here.  (Most of the ones I find are rather short and stubby.)
 
 
This is just in case you've forgotten I love geckos.

1 comment: