Thursday, January 29, 2015

GPA: Phase 5

Phase 5: The Native-to-Native Discourse Phase

Phase hours: 500

GP-nurturer ratio: 1-1

Materials needed for sessions: movies, recordings of radio or TV programs, recordings of dialogues between native speakers

Activities in session: massaging movies, radio and TV programs, and recorded conversations, various talking activities

Activities out of session: reviewing recordings from sessions, visiting with host family/host friends, planning sessions, reading, watching movies, listening to radio broadcasts, etc.

Understanding level: almost anything host people say to each other (as long as it's not highly specialized)
 
Speaking level: explaining and justifying
 
 
 
I was really happy to reach Phase 5.  It's my favorite phase, and after 500 hours in Phase 4, I was quite ready for a change.
 
 
I've been using "Building on Firm Foundations" in my sessions.  I've been through the lessons several times already in English, and I'm enjoying it in French too (nearly as much as in English maybe?).
 
 
Apparently voracious readers have an advantage in achieving high levels of proficiency in another language.  Happily for me, I adore reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment