Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Many Hats of Last Week

Last week there were many hats to wear...
 
 
Cleaner/organizer.
 
I have a long-standing tradition of doing a thorough cleaning and going-through of all my stuff on New Year's Eve.  It seemed like a huge job this year.  Maybe because, unlike when I was younger and just had a bedroom to tackle in a day, I now have an entire apartment!  No wonder it took so much longer than I'd planned...
 
Oh, and so right now it's our dry season, which would be more aptly named "dusty season".  The spare room (above) isn't one I spend much time in at all, so it was extra dusty.  It was almost like cleaning out an attic or a garage, which made me nostalgic.  (Remember those garage-cleaning Saturdays, Dad?)
 
 
 
Laundry lady.
 
Let me tell you, wringing out curtains and sheets by hand is...work.
 
 
Electrician.
 
Not really.  I just changed some light-bulbs that had been burnt out for, well, months.  I don't know why it took me so long to get around to it, but it's nice to have that taken care of now!
 
 
Plumber.
 
My sink got plugged up and wouldn't drain at all, so I had to take the pipe apart and dump the nasty stuff out.  (Not my favorite hat of the week.)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Decorator.  (Or interior designer, or whatever they call that these days.)
 
I decided to swap out the calendar pictures I'd had up on my walls from 2013's calendar to last year's.  I can't tell you how happy those bright, colorful pictures made me.  Also, I hung up my birthday gift from Mom.  Which also makes me happy.
 
And other miscellaneous hats...
Babysitter
Baker/cook
Planner
Email-answer-er (I know, I know.  That's not a word.)
French student (Although I didn't have sessions, I was doing lots of review and some planning for the following week.)
Grocery shopper
Budget-er
Newsletter-writer
Etc.
 
On a normal day/week, I don't usually wear all those hats.  Just last week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment