Monday, April 20, 2015

A Birthday Party

Once upon a time, my friend Siré's baby had a birthday...
 
We celebrated after church that day.
 
We drank juice.
We ate cake, beignets, and savory appetizers.
We played the music loud.
We danced.  (Okay, I didn't dance, but some of us did.)
We took pictures.
We blew out candles.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I'm savoring these kinds of moments, these special times that remind me how much God has given me during my time here.

It hasn't always been a bed of roses, and I don't want to seem like I'm just romanticizing everything about my experiences here.  But I do want to make the choice to see God's hand at work, to notice His gifts, and to treasure them.

And so I take pictures and blog and tuck memories away and lift up thankful hands to receive the gifts He spills out every single day.

- - -



L-R: Naomi, me, Siré, Simone, Darline, Esther, baby Suleman, Angie
2nd row: Elisabeth, Rebecca, Johanna

No comments:

Post a Comment