Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Taking It All In: Cooking, Parties, and Other Stuff

Benedicte and I cooking together -
 
 
Grating cheese for quiche

 
Sautéing veggies for aforementioned quiche 




 
Taste-testing

 
Whipping up brownies


 
A welcome party for our newest arrivals to the field -



 
We had the all the usual traditions: they gave their testimonies, we gave them a "welcome basket" (next to Cameron on the table), we ate a meal and had cake afterwards.
 
I realized that this was my last West Africa welcome party.  I'll be leaving before the next new folks arrive in August.
 
It's a weird feeling.




 
Three people looking at the camera (not mine).  Two people looking at someone looking at the camera.  One person looking at someone looking at someone looking at the camera.




 
A ladies' meeting(ish) -
 
One Sunday after church, we visited Tata Ndeye's house.  We ate, sang, and prayed together.




 
That's Tata Ndeye on the left.


 
Chebu yapp.  It's one of my favs.
 
 
Pizza to celebrate the last of French class (yes, I'm behind on posting pictures) -
 


So. good.

No comments:

Post a Comment