Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Time Sheet Stats

Stat time!

But first, a few notes.

1)  To my fellow GPAers (current or former), this post is not for you.  I hesitated to even write this, because I don't want to provide any fuel for The Comparison Game (for better or for worse).  This post is really more for people back home who like numbers and charts and things.  So if you fit in that category, read on.  If not...don't.  Please. :)

2)  We weren't keeping time sheets until Phase 3, which is why I don't have as much info for Phases 1-2.

3)  When I'm talking about total hours ("average hours per week", "longest day", "longest week"), this includes not only session hours, but visiting, review, session prep, church activities, miscellaneous reading or listening (such as radio or tv).

 
Phases 1-2
(250 session hours)
Phase 3
(250 session hours)
Phase 4
(500 session hours)
Phase 5
(500 session hours)
Number of weeks
16
14
29
27
Average new words per week
123
165
147
49
Average session hours per week
 
18
17
19
Average hours per week
 
34.5
38
51
Longest week
 
42.5
53.5
89
Total words (new words)
1973
2311
4415
1326

Longest day: 16 hours

Longest week: 89 hours

Longest stretch of session days without a break (not including weekends): 24 days

Longest stretch without going to church (so you don't get the impression that I'm a super-missionary or something): 3 weeks

Dumbest thing I did: 2 weeks of 8-session-hour days (it about killed me...figuratively, I mean)

Hardest phase transition: from Phase 2 to Phase 3 (when I started one-on-one sessions)

And there you have it.  Tell you what, after keeping time sheets for about 1 1/2 years, it feels really weird to no longer be doing that...

No comments:

Post a Comment