Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Hello Again, California

Normally I like to do my picture posts in chronological order, but I'm going to post the ones from my first few days back in CA before I get to the ones of my last couple weeks in West Africa.
 
Mainly 'cause I have about a gazillion pictures from our field conference alone and it'll take some time to edit them.
 
Anyway.
 
I got in late Wednesday night and the family met me at the airport.
 
I wish I had gotten pictures of that happy reunion, but I guess we were all too busy hugging and talking and getting my embarrassing amount of luggage.
 
I'm super glad that my flight arrived when it did, because when we got home, I was able to chat for a bit and then go to bed.  And sleep soundly through the night.  And wake up at a decent time the next morning.
 
Yay for no jet lag!
 
 
Auntie Cheryl's sweet welcome home gift...
 
 
...and flowers from Mom.
 
 
Mom had redecorated my old room after I left.  The colors were green, brown, and blue - and she used batiks, so I deemed it acceptable and left my quilt packed away.
 
Thursday was an unpacking, chatting, and looking through pictures sort of day.
 
Friday was a family day.  Sarah had off work, my aunt, uncle, and cousins came over, and we all had a grand time.
 
 
Toby and Tephra just chillin'.  It's felt a bit weird having two dogs in the house.  When I left, we just had Tephra - Toby was Sarah and Brian's dog.  After I left, they moved and couldn't take him to their new place, so my parents ended up with him.
 
 
And that's Mr. Cutie Pie.  I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love him.  He has such a cute personality and I'm just so thrilled that I can finally squeeze him and hold him and kiss him for myself.
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sarah made a custard and fruit tart.  Actually we didn't eat it that day but on the Fourth.
 
 
Sam looks like a giant compared to Malachi.
 
(Wait...he sort of is a giant.)
 
 
 
 
Selfie!  (Or that what's it looks like it.)
 
 
Nothing like a pizza night with the fam.
 
I got two in one week - Tuesday night with my West Africa family and then Friday night with my California family.
 
Happy sigh.
 
 
 
Assembling the fruit tart.
 
 
 
Cousin pictures...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
They make me smile, those pictures.
 
Five cousins born in three years, and a really cool bond between us.
 
I like us.
 
 
Another selfie. :)
 
The next day, we had a little celebration for the Fourth.  We barbequed hot dogs and burgers.  I hadn't had hot dogs for two years, so I was happy about that.
 
(Side note: For the most part, I've been quite happy without junk food, but I do like a good barbequed hot dog from time to time in the summer.)
 
 
Malachi fell asleep while we were watching a movie.
 
 
 
We had Thai tea, and Brian amused himself by sucking the tapioca balls up one by one until the straw was full.
 
 
 
Fireworks to welcome me back!
 
Or at least that's what my friend's little girl said.  "They'll be shooting fireworks for Auntie Rachel's return and won't even know it."
 
:)
 
I didn't get pictures of my Sunday: the reunions at church, the potluck, the baby shower I went to afterwards.  But it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment