Monday, July 27, 2015

Refresh Africa, Part 1

So...I'm behind in posting.  Pictures in particular.
 
The week before I flew back to the States, we had our first West Africa field conference.
 
 
The theme: Refresh Africa.
 
We left Sunday afternoon in a couple buses and drove to a little seaside town about 1 1/2 hours south.
 
We talked, laughed, and took pictures of the scenery.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Listening to Jula
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Save time.  Travel rapido."
 
 
Weird sculptures, aren't they?
 
 
 
Baobab!
 
 
 
 
We're here!
 
Come take a look around...
 
 
 
 
Anna and I got to be roommates for the week.  It was such fun.
 
 
This is the "ceiling" of our room.
 
 
The place was absolutely beautiful.  So many plants!  (Plants, you must know, are my one weakness.)
 
It was cool how the Lord gave us such a nice place for such an affordable price.
 
 
 
They had two turtles.  Random, I know.
 
 
I don't think this was part of the place we were staying.  I'm pretty sure it was farther down the beach at some other place.  It kind of made me think more of a Pacific Island resort than something in West Africa.
 
 
 
Apparently they've had a problem with a erosion along the beach, thus the tires.  (Such a nice touch.)
 
 
 
 
Oh, goodness, how I adore flowers.
 
They are my one weakness.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Well, there.  You've seen around a bit.
 
We'll be back tomorrow with more pictures and I'll tell you more about the week.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment