Thursday, August 20, 2015

Everyone Who Leaves

 
And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold...  (Matthew 19:29)
 
This is not a long-winded or particularly deep post.  It's just that this verse has come to mind quite a bit over the last several months, and I want to affirm that God - as usual - is faithful to keep His promises.
 
When He led me to say good-bye to home and family in the States two years ago, I couldn't see too far beyond what I was leaving.  I'm afraid I gave into self-pity more than once.  But, true to His word, He gave me more family.  I gained a sister, two adorable nephews, a sweet grandma, and a whole collection of aunts, uncles, and cousins.
 
There's some sweet sort of mystery in that promise.  I don't understand it entirely, but I've seen it fulfilled, and that's satisfying enough for me.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment