Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Life

Just some snapshots of life lately.

Malachi -


He looks like an old man smoking a pipe.  Hee, hee!


Butternut squash soup mustache!



A bad case of bed head.



Buddha's reincarnation seeking enlightenment.





See those teeth?


For some reason, he has a great fascination with baby lotion bottles.  Give him one for each hand and he will be endlessly entertained.











Little stinker face.  This picture makes me laugh every time I see it.


- - -

A trip to the farm -

For Malachi's birthday, his mommy and I took him to our local historic farm.

There weren't as many animals as there normally are.  I guess it was the wrong time of year.  However, it was fun to get out of the house, and he was quite impressed with the chickens.  He watched them contentedly for probably nearly 10 minutes.







The goats scared him a bit, at least once they started "baa-ing".













- - -

Saturday's missions conference -

I lost count of the hours spent in preparation.  (The last day, Mom ended up helping me some too, because everything was just taking so much longer that I expected.)



Yes.  I now have real-life photo albums of West Africa.


And here's my table at the conference.



I would guess we probably had around twenty different tables set up, in addition to the morning session and several workshops.

Our theme: "Come and see what God has done, His awesome deeds for mankind!" (Psalm 66:5)




Daniel and David were my across-the-path neighbors, representing Ireland Outreach and the Galilee program respectively.


I was really happy with how the day went.  I came away encouraged (though exhausted), and I trust others were too.

- - -





My thought for the week - my encouragement to myself and to you:  Live each moment.  Take it as it comes from the Lord's hands, without trying to hold on to the last minute or rush into the next.

There's a lot more on my mind about that...and other stuff the Lord has been teaching me.  Someday I'll try to share more about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment