Saturday, January 23, 2016

Remembering

Sometimes I look out the window at this snow-globe world of mine and wonder, Is this all for real?

African music playing is playing on Pandora and I'm thinking back to a year ago when I was walking to French class every day.  And then I think about how life looks now and all the cool people there are to get to know and how much I'm enjoying my job so far.

Thankfulness for being here sits side by side in my heart with a homesickness for West Africa.  It'll be that way for a while, I think.  Maybe always.

But how undeservingly rich am I?  I look at the experiences and the friends God has given me, the things He's has brought me through, the lessons He's taught me, the grace He's simply flooded me with this past year, and words fall short.

I can't pretend it's been easy.  Or that I've kept my eyes on Jesus every moment.

But in spite of me He is good and He's heaped up blessings on top of blessings till I can hardly hold them all.

So...I pause and remember how full life is because of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment