Friday, September 15, 2017

Thankful


Life is settling into a rhythm of sorts again.  The craziness of the beginning of the semester is over, work is manageable, and there are just enough new possibilities and opportunities to stretch me without overwhelming me.

For all of this, I'm very thankful.











I'm thankful for Saturday morning farmers market trips (especially when they yield $2 bunches of cut flowers) and sales on raspberries.

I'm thankful for the little place I call home, and for the space it gives me to welcome others.






I'm thankful for cheery sunflowers that feel both summery and fall-ish.

I'm thankful for another small group starting up next Tuesday, for Kayla - friend and coworker - who will be leading it with me, and for each of the ladies who will be coming.







Last semester, as I looked to the summer and beyond, I sensed it would be a new season of sorts for me.  Part of me will probably always feel a slight apprehension over new seasons and change in most any form.

Grace has eased me into this though, I realize, and I see my fears or apprehensions were unnecessary.





There are too many things to list - both past and present - that God has graciously showered on me in spite of my undeserving.





It seems to be a constant theme running through my mind these days -

He is good.  He is kind.





He was yesterday, is today, and will be tomorrow.

Thanksgiving brings peace and rest to my heart, a trust that He's got my life in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment