Saturday, May 5, 2018

This...


This is a salad that Raylea inspired me to make.  She told me about it when we were hanging out last Saturday, and I couldn't stop thinking about until Wednesday night, when I made it for dinner (with a few tweaks).

It had -
Spinach
Rotisserie chicken
Red bell pepper
Cucumber
Tomato
Green olives
Feta cheese
Roasted sweet potato cubes (she seasons them with Lipton onion soup mix; I used beef bouillon cube, onion and garlic powder, pepper, and paprika - I needed an MSG- and gluten-free option) 
Greek dressing

It was soooo good.


This is how it looks when spring finally comes to town, and everything rejoices.



This is a close-up of the tiny chartreuse pom-poms that covered my tree (and most of the others along our street) by the thousands.





This is when our lovely Tuesday small group grabbed coffee and poked around in an antique store for our last get-together of the semester.


This is because we're not always serious. ;)


This is when my office turns into a giant sorting station for piles and piles of curtains.  The good news is, we now have new curtains for ALL the guest house windows (all the big ones; the small above-the-kitchen-sink windows will require a completely different kind of curtain, so I'm not counting them as part of this project), and all the disappointingly defective/stained curtains have been returned.

Shout out (again, because they're awesome) to Casie and Kristi for helping me decide on these curtains and to Emily who helped me inspect and sort through those piles.

I couldn't be happier working with you ladies!


This is bedtime snuggles with my favorite Jonah.  He's getting so big...walking around so fast now and chattering up a storm, but I'm so happy that he still likes to snuggle before bed.  I can never have too many Jonah snuggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment