Sunday, January 21, 2018

Tulipa and Tradescantia and Other Stuff


Cozy living room, some of my favorite people, a couch big enough for all of us, a funny bedtime story...

So many things to love.


Tulips are the most delightful flower.


January's read: Praying with Paul, recommended by a coworker.

Prayer is definitely an area I want/need to grow in, so I've been looking forward to this book.


I introduce you to Tradescantia zebrina.  (What a cool name, right?!)  A student gave it to me, and I'd been trying to figure out what it was.  Fortunately, when my own horticultural knowledge runs out, I have a friend whose family owns a greenhouse business...


Due to the massive heat wave of 40°-ish, the snow is melting again.


Today the neighborhood was also blanketed in a layer of fog that made things feel sleepy and cozy.

It also makes me think of a scene from Get Smart and this one random line my sisters and I always liked to say when it got foggy...

"London Palladium?"

It's probably funnier if you've seen the scene. :)



At the little local crêperie for Kayla's birthday.  Oh, they have such good crepes.

And she's a great friend.

It's something worth celebrating when your coworkers are also some of your dearest friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment