Saturday, November 5, 2011

Quilting Weekend

Every semester, one of the staff ladies plans a quilting weekend.  She picks a pattern that's simple enough for the top (minus borders) to be completed in a single weekend.  It's fun to see how the same pattern can have a completely different feel depending on the fabrics used.

Here are some of the quilts that were in progress:



A rose-patterned theme - just the kind of thing my Grandma would like

(I really wish I'd taken a picture last night, when all the rows were laid out, but this was the best I could do.)



Fun retro theme



Blurry batik theme (the "blurry" part is the fault of my camera, not the quilter)



This was my favorite



I love, love, LOVE the colors on this one!

---

I didn't have a quilt of my own to work on this weekend, so I'm going to cheat and post pictures of the two I have done.  Both are the same pattern, "Yellow Brick Road".

You may remember this one from the summer...



It's waiting for me at home, quilted and ready for the binding.

And here's my very first quilt, which hasn't yet appeared on the blog.  It was a fun Christmas Break project last year.



Can you guess what my two favorite colors are?!



See that gorgeous cream paisley?  Mom found that one.  It's the "zinger" that brought all the other fabrics together.  I also love the dark brown batik.

---

I hope inspiration can be stored up for a later time.  I'm totally inspired to make another quilt, but there's no time for that right now.  It's still fun to plan, though.

Speaking of plans, I should get on with my grand plans for enjoying this drizzly Fall day.  (Which translated means: I'm going to light some candles, drink tea, and stay inside most of the day.  And yes, I will do some studying.)

So long!  Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment