Sunday, April 28, 2013

Dear _____,

Orange tree in full bloom... Your blossoms perfume the whole back yard.  Especially in the evening. So lovely!

Nephews and niece... Oh, my.  You have my heart in a puddle every time I see you.  I can't help it - you're just. too. cute.

Fluctuating temperatures... Yes, thank you for reminding us that this is Spring.

Just-woke-up face... I truly hope you didn't frighten any customers away.  (Saturday morning I woke up half an hour before I was supposed to start work.  A little cell phone alarm malfunction.  I made it in time, just looking less than...well...less than my best, shall we say.)



Poppies and sunshine... You are two reasons I love California.

Kids in Road to Avonlea (the movie)... You were horribly naughty (although quite hysterical at times)!  I can't believe your parents trusted you enough to leave you on your own!

Quilt... You're coming together quite nicely and I'm so excited to see how you look when you're finished.  (I'll post pictures of the progress soon.)

Credit card companies... Please stop sending me offers in the mail.  I love real mail.  I strongly dislike junk mail!  Strongly dislike.  And while we're on that subject...

Telemarketers/recorded calls... YOU ARE ENTIRELY INEFFECTIVE!  STOP CALLING US!!!  (Can you tell how I feel about this?!)

Auntie A, who reminded me at church today that you were praying for me... Thank you.  You have no idea how much it encourages me to know people are praying for me.

Post-it notes... Where would I be without you?  I shudder to think how my life would look if you had not been invented.

Clock... Sometimes I wish you'd move a little slower.  I can never seem to get as much done as I think I should be able to in a given amount of time.  (In reality, the problem is probably more along the lines of not setting reasonable goals, but I'd rather blame it on the clock.)

Two friends (and former classmates) who arrived in Indonesia this week... Wow!  I can hardly believe you're there.  I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear what the Lord does in the next couple months, years, decades...

YOU... Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Sunday and have a lovely week.  Come again!

No comments:

Post a Comment