Monday, December 12, 2016

A Little of This and a Little of That

It's a mash-up post of lots of different parts of life. :)

- - -

In case you haven't seen these pictures of my newest nephew -


Pierre Léon Michel was born on November 19th at 2:00am and weighed 7lbs 4oz.



Theo's face absolutely kills me.  No matter how big he gets or how far away I am, he'll always be my darling little baby.

To quote a friend from my church back in Senegal -

Theo est le bébé de tout le monde, mais surtout le bébé de Rachel.
- - -


Random: Beck sent me these eye shadows just because.  My first thought when I pulled them out of the bag was, These are pretty!  Green and brown - just the kinds of colors I like.  My second thought (when I turned them over and saw the names) was, Smog?!  Mildew?!  I'm not sure I want to put this on my eyes anymore...



I'm on an anything-with-apples-and-cranberries kick right now.


I've tried a slew of variations and the latest was apple-pear-cranberry sauce, inspired by an apple-pear-cranberry pie my mom makes.  It has cardamom and ginger and other such delicious things.  You should try it!


I discovered these on the "free food" shelf at school - Maggi cubes, just like what we had in Senegal.  The writing is even in Wolof.  Simple things like this make me happy. :)


I went over Esther's for a movie one night, with a bag of a things to work one while I was there.  I dumped my stuff on the floor, and after poking around in my boxes for a while, Harold settled into my empty bag.

And eventually fell asleep there.


- - -

Jonah snuggles are the best -




- - -

Can't wait to snuggle these two soon, either!


Isn't this the sweetest?  The sleepy little face against the blanket, and the tiny little head peeking out from underneath...


Full tummy = happy baby.


He seems pretty happy with his baby sister.






This picture cracks me up every time I look at it.


Pause.  Take in the adorableness that is my niece.


The last time we Skyped, he was very entertaining.



Ava seemed less excited about being awake in the morning.  (It was a Saturday, after all!)

- - -

The other week I had a special visitor.


I hadn't seen her since before I moved to Senegal, and though we've kept in touch quite well, there was still so much to talk about.


They're two of my most favorite people in the whole wide world.







So happy we were all in the same place again, even if for only a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment