Friday, April 26, 2019

Easter and the Days That Followed

Easter 2019 ~

The Saturday before Easter, Josh, Tamara & Co. dyed a couple dozen eggs.

We never dyed eggs for Easter when I was growing up, so my sole contribution was sitting at the table next to Jonah and saying wildly helpful things like -

"No, don't touch the dye."
"No, wait, you can't take the egg out yet."
"No, buddy, don't touch it!"

And then after it was all done Tamara and I took pictures (which is why she isn't in any of them...).




- - -


A squirrel on my tree, all settled in for a Sunday afternoon nap.  It was the cutest thing.

Sunday was sunny and gorgeous, fitting for a day to celebrate the Resurrection.  Especially since Saturday had been so gray and gloomy.

Breakfast at church, lunch at the Bible school, a relaxing afternoon, and before I knew it, that wonderful three-day weekend had come to an end.

- - -


Less than two months until I get to see them.  Can.not. wait.

- - -


Wednesday evening we had a staff ladies' tea/coffee night.  My friend Kelley hosted at her house and I brought the snacks.  She said she was glad not to have to make snacks (although she is a great baker!).  Me?  Well, I was more than happy to make snacks since it meant I wouldn't have to clean my house.  (Not that it's super dirty.  But it would have required cleaning.  Baking is certainly more enjoyable for me than cleaning, but I digress...)  I found myself thinking later about how much I enjoy teaming up with her on things like this and how we should do it more often...and then I remembered that they'll be moving over to our sister school this summer.

Sigh.

It really was such a nice evening though, drinking tea and catching up with coworkers that I don't always get much time with.

I know I've said it before, but it really is such a blessing to have coworkers who are also good friends.


Sometimes I'm fancy and painstakingly decorate the tops of my blueberry muffins with tiny blueberry juice bubbles.  Just kidding.  It happened on its own and I thought it was funny.

Thus the picture.

- - -

Your Grace Finds Me is playing right now.  It never gets old -

The same for the rich and poor
The same for the saint and for the sinner
Enough for this whole wide world
Your great grace, oh such grace
 


Grace that creates beauty and gives rest and makes the sun shine to warm us.
Grace that brings friends around and, through them, speaks truth and hope and reminds us that He can always be trusted.
Grace for hard times, for questions, for mundane weekdays.



Grace, a celebration, like a tree covered in a thousand pom-poms.


Grace, even when the skies are gray.



Grace, alive and growing and never stale.

Grace, for all our days.

No comments:

Post a Comment