Sunday, July 8, 2012

Dear _____,

(The inspiration for this post comes from Jenn DeAtley.  She and her husband Shawn are missionaries in West Africa...so possible future coworkers of mine.  I've been following her blog for a while, and it's fun to get a glimpse into life where I'll be living next year, Lord willing!)


Morning kitchen crew... I look like I just rolled out of bed?!  Goodness, no, that was 10 minutes ago!

Everybody else at breakfast time (two hours later)... I look like I just rolled out of bed?  Hmm.  Maybe that's just the way I look ALL the time.

Friend who prayed for me to sleep reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally well last night... thank you.  I did.  See above.

Deer munching just outside my front door... you are so peaceful, serene, and tranquil.  You make me feel, for a moment at least, that all is right in the world.  Even if I'm going to be a few minutes late to work and my hair is surely a mess.

8-inch banana slug near the outdoor freezer... you are disgusting.  I don't like you.

Drum set in the dining hall... you look cool, but I won't be getting one of my own.  You're SO loud.  Besides, I don't know a thing about drums!

Coworkers (and boss) who like to scare me... please just don't try that when I'm carrying something like eggs or anything breakable.

Spanish worship music playing while I washed dishes... you are joyful, enthusiastic, and LOUD!!!

Monster cookies (with oatmeal, coconut, walnuts, and chocolate chips)... you're amazing.  I wonder if I'll still like you by the end of the week, after baking up a batch of 200 every. day.

Fresh, clean laundry... you make me so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment