Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Musings

Can you believe June is gone?  Half a year is gone, in fact.  For once that realization doesn't scare me.  I've seen God work in incredible ways already this year, and I'm excited to see what He does in the coming months.

And today, I pause and look back over ten years, to the moment I whispered, "Yes, Lord, I will go.  Here I am; send me."  What a crazy, amazing ten years this has been!

I see His faithfulness, His goodness, and His grace to this girl who is so very insignificant.  I see His patience with my stubbornness.  His provision in my need.  His comfort in my fear.  His miracles in spite of my unbelief.  His unconditional love.  His grace, grace, grace.



Graceful.  Full of grace.

Graceful.  I really like that word.  I pray that as the Lord conforms me to His image, it will describe me more and more.



---

"Man doesn't need to plan or dream up anything when God's in control." - from the message on Sunday

I love the times when it is patently obvious that God is the One directing the events of our lives, and we're just the cheering section.

We have a God who specializes in overcoming the impossible - Who does so far beyond what we could ask or plan or dream up.  (Yes, I'm cheering.)

We have a God who is love and grace and truth - Who holds our lives in His hands and doesn't let go.  (Go ahead.  Sing.  Clap.  Let the joy spill over!)

He is simply amazing, our God.

Can I get an amen?!

No comments:

Post a Comment