Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Weekend Post

I feel that I've accomplished something huge this week: I took an armload of stuff to a consignment store.  An armload of stuff that had been waiting in a closet and a box since...well...since Sarah's wedding.  It's amazing how even a simple task finished can be so rewarding.

~ ~ ~

This week, I'm thankful for a journal, good books to read, and friends to share the grace-journey with.

I've been working on memorizing the book of Ephesians.  Right now I'm in chapter two.  I'm still somewhat shaky in getting through the whole thing.  But I've noticed that while I may not remember all the words perfectly, the truth is sinking into my heart and into my mind.  God's Word is living and powerful, and it is so worth taking the time to memorize.

~ ~ ~

Some links for your weekend:

This song and this one by David Nevue (Who is an AMAZING pianist!)

Sanity Manifesto Oh, yes!  Sooo many helpful points here.  Seriously, read it.

My Empty Worth On emptiness and being open with the Lord.

Why It's Okay to Cry No, it's not just about crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment