Tuesday, June 11, 2013

One last stroll down Memory Lane

On Saturday I decided to revisit The Tree one last time.  You can read about my first encounter with The Tree here.

I had to pick my way through a now-overgrown field (thinking of snakes and ticks all the while), and by the time I got there, the whole idea was getting less and less appealing.

But I didn't come that far only to turn back, so...





It's soo far down... shocked



---









This is the trail heading back to the house.  It's unexpectedly sandy, almost like a trail along the beach.  My friend and I once found half of a jawbone here.  I had no idea what kind of animal it belonged to, but it was pretty cool.

---

I'm so, so glad I got to visit.  It was special to see friends there one last time before I leave for West Africa.

Last night I got to visit two of the three couples who led my small discipleship group.  (They are all amazing!)  I found myself getting a little teary-eyed as I said my last good-byes.  Who knows how long it'll be until I see them again?

But I'm thankful for friendships close enough that make good-byes hard, and definitely thankful that friendships in the Lord will continue through eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment