Saturday, June 15, 2013

Step by step

[This post originally appeared on my NTM blog.]
 
I’m rapidly approaching the two-month countdown.  It’s hard to wrap my mind around the fact that, in just a little over two months, I will be living an ocean away.  Such a big change obviously creates a lot of work and busyness…
 
This past week, I got back from a visit to the Missionary Training Center.  That was a really special time.  Each friend I was able to see was an encouragement.  Yes, it was hard to say goodbye when I know I won’t see most of these people for another four years (at least), but I’m thankful for the time I did have there.
 
Since getting back, I’ve played a little bit of catch-up: correspondence, papers to sort and file, laundry, etc.  You know the drill.
 
Now that I’m not working, my main focus will be on preparing to leave (to move!).  What does that look like?  Well, here’s a sample of next week’s goals:
  • go to travel clinic for more shots
  • get together with a couple friends
  • research things to bring (clothing, household items, tech stuff, etc.)
  • buy plane ticket (hopefully!)
Each little step brings me closer to West Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment