Thursday, April 28, 2016

This...


This was last Wednesday, when we finished "the unstapling project" (which is really just part of a bigger project, "the scanning project").

There are thirty-six drawers filled with files that need to be scanned.  First, though, all the staples needed to be taken out so the records would be ready to scan one at a time.  It sounds simple.  And it is.  It's just...well, you multiply a dozen or so staples in each file, by all the files in a drawer, by thirty-six drawers...and you have a project that takes longer than just a week or so.  Actually, though, with Tamara, Linda, and I all working on it regularly (and a couple other ladies helping as they were able), we got it done in about two months.  Now the real fun can begin: scanning every single one of those documents into our database...


Tamara's holding a jar of all the staples we pulled out.  It was a fun way to see our progress.


This was the school picnic on Saturday.


It was beautifully sunny day.  A bit on the chilly side, but still a good day for a picnic.  I'd forgotten how much I like picnics.



This was the lake we ate next to.  So gorgeous.



This was a gloriously foggy Tuesday morning.



This was in the school cleaning supplies room, and it made me laugh.


This is my friend Kayla, who came over last night for pizza and laughs and good conversations.  I'm happy right down to my toes that she's going to be around for another year.


This is my one weakness: tulips.  They're blooming everywhere right now.  I take walks everyday after work - even when it's wet and cloudy (like today) because there are tulips to see!  It's like a scavenger hunt.  "Find all the new tulips opening!"


- - -

Thought: it hasn't been a particularly easy week on a lot of levels.  But God keeps reminding me of His goodness, His faithfulness, and His unshakable love.  I'm so thankful that He is who He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment