Monday, April 23, 2018

To a Month Nearly Gone

April is almost over.

I think spring is finally here.  I think.

We have less than four weeks of the semester left.

So here's a bit of life this past month -




Three ivy plants, all different, all growing happily.

- - -

Over Spring Break (at the beginning of April), I broke out of my normal rut and did all sorts of crazy things -

Went to the library for a stack of books
Visited two botanical gardens (one with a friend I was in Senegal with, another with a friend on staff)
Brainstormed for future guest house projects, jotting notes and pinning pins
Explored a few shops in town
Tried a Senegalese restaurant with my friend Conni


Chicken brochettes with fries, onion sauce, and spicy mustard.

Not as good as Angèle's, but still tasty.

- - -

At one of the botanical gardens -














I will forever and always love plants.  The way they grow, their beauty and intricate designs, their colors, the sheer variety of them...

God was so kind to create plants for us to enjoy.

- - -

My friend Raylea got engaged right at the time I moved here, and now she and her husband are expecting their first little one.  


Her shower was sweet and special, like her.

No matter how many babies my friends and loved ones have (or how many births I see on Call the Midwife), each time the miracle of life just awes me.

- - -

Tuesday small group -


We finished our book early this month, but we decided to hang out a few more Tuesdays before the semester is over.


I've so enjoyed getting to know these ladies.  Some of them will be back next semester, some of them will be leaving in May.

And while I still strongly dislike goodbyes, life is sweeter for the friendships behind them.

- - -

April...
Freezing rain and snow showers.
The flowers finally started blooming.
I watched movies and stayed up too late chatting.
I read, read, and read some more.
Students came for coffee.  And tea.  And popcorn.
Both small groups are coming to an end.
The guest house got some fresh paint and new curtains ordered.
It was international week in the dining hall (featuring food from Venezuela, Papua New Guinea, Thailand, Morocco, and Greece).
I bought tickets for California this summer.
Jonah learned new words.

2 comments:

  1. What a rewarding month....seeing how God enriched another segment of time in your life. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete