Monday, June 18, 2018

Inspiration: Two Summer Salads


These aren't recipes per se, in that I don't have exact amounts.  I'm the kind of gal that rarely uses recipes and mostly cooks "to taste", so I didn't measure the ingredients, I just tossed it all in a bowl and seasoned it till I was satisfied.

Salad inspiration 1:

Cucumbers, diced
Roma tomatoes, diced
Kalamata olives, chopped
Fresh mint, finely chopped
Fresh dill, finely chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
Red wine vinegar
Salt
Fresh ground black pepper

Toss it all together and chill for a bit to let the flavors come together before serving.  Feta would be a great addition, although I was eating English muffins broiled with feta, so I skipped it in the salad.

- - -

Salad inspiration 2:

Corn, charred on the cob, then cut off the cob and finished cooking in a skillet
Tomatoes, diced
Red bell pepper, diced
Yellow onion, finely diced
Feta cheese, crumbled

Dressing -
Olive oil
Lime juice
Bunch of cilantro
Clove of garlic
Salt

Toss salad ingredients (other than feta) together.  Blend dressing in blender or food processor.  Pour dressing over salad and chill.  Sprinkle feta over just before serving.

Chipotle would be a lovely addition, or perhaps a bit of chopped jalapeno.

No comments:

Post a Comment