Wednesday, July 25, 2018

The Summer Slow


Summer is my favorite season here, and this summer has been my favorite so far.

It's all sorts of wonderful ~
cicadas singing
grilled brats
grilled chicken (really, anything on the grill)
Saturday farmers market
breezes that rustle the leaves ever so gently
tangerine popsicles
fresh salads in endless variety
fireflies at dusk
less time at a desk
dinner outside
grapevines cascading over the backyard fences
stacks of books to read
the kiddos splashing in the little pool
regular exercise
iced coffee
wildflowers blooming in ditches
the way humidity smells in the air


Perhaps most wonderful of all, though, is how life seems so much slower.

More time to think.
More time to rest.
More time to listen.
More time to simply be.

I didn't realize just how much I needed that, but the Lord did.


The start of the semester is only a few weeks away.  I keep telling myself not to think about that more than necessary right now and just soak up this delightful summer while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment