Sunday, September 2, 2018

This...


This is from that thing called summer, when we had salad lunches every other Friday.  Fun times.



This is that time the kids and I found a cicada in the process of shedding its skin.  We watched the whole thing, and boy, was it cool!


This is when its wings were finally all flat and ready to use.


This is a little girl I love heaps and heaps.



This is a sweet little brother-sister moment.


This is a new hat she really loves.


This is one of his silly faces.



This is his typical smile, which makes me smile too.


This is that mops of curls I can't get enough of.


This is from a month ago or so when we got a half bushel of peaches and canned jam and made pie and cake and froze diced peaches.  It was a lot of work, but so worth it.  I eat the diced peaches straight from the freezer, just a few at time, savoring the perfumy sweetness.



This is when I performed a radical surgery on my dying Boston fern, hoping I could get some stems to root...or that I could at least enjoy the remaining healthy stems for a bit longer.

The rooting strategy didn't work.  Oh well.  Worth a shot.


This is from last Saturday, when I made mafé for the fam.  I was so pleased with how it turned out - every time I feel like it gets a little better.  I was even more pleased with how much they liked it.

I love people, I love food, and I love when my people like the food I like. ;)


This is 25lbs of rice from Sam's Club...because mafé and cheb and fried rice and Mexican food and because I'm my mother's daughter.


This was only part of the mafé.  We all ate heartily the first night, I gave some to Tamara for the next day, and then I had it for three days after that.

I will never, never tire of mafé.  It's in my top five favorite foods.


This is the new wall hanging for the stairwell.  I love, love, love it!  It adds so much to the space.  Can't wait to show you the quilt (same fabric and pattern) when it's finished.


This is Jonah's 2nd birthday.


This is a fabulous progression...Jonah and The Cupcake.




This is opening presents.

Oh, Jonah.  Darling little Jonah.  I am so glad that you're alive.  I love you more than you can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment