Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Random Fun Memories, Ep. 4

Two weeks ago:

I was hoping to spend some time with my friend Susan before the end of the semester.  I'd pictured a nice, quiet afternoon over a steaming cup of tea or coffee.  We'd be settled in two comfortable chairs, chatting away.  Schedules were crazy, and it looked like we might not find time to hang out.  But one afternoon Susan and her husband Micah were going to clean an old trailer for a lady she knew.  They asked if people wanted to help, and I jumped at the chance.  I knew it would be a hot, dirty, sweaty job - and an opportunity to hang out with Susan.  That poor trailer was neglected...except by rodents.  Ah, dust.  Dirt.  Wood shavings.  Cobwebs everywhere.  Not the most comfortable work environment.  But hey, sometimes the best memories aren't made in the comfortable settings.  They're made in real life with real friends.

I'm so thankful for the friends God has given me - real friends who are the same whether it's over a cup of coffee or in dirty, dusty trailer.  (We cleaned that trailer as best as we could, but it definitely still needed some TLC.)

---

Bonus: I heard this song for the first time this morning and loved it immediately.  The weeks and months ahead may be uncertain, and uncertainty frightens me.  But this song is my prayer.  I want the Lord to speak to me, to reveal Himself to me.  I want to know Him better.  Thank You, Lord, that You want to speak to me, that You're with me no matter what, that You have an amazing future for me.  Thank You.
(And thank you, Esther, for the link.)

No comments:

Post a Comment