Tuesday, May 31, 2011

More Summer Goals

Okay, I'll admit.  I feel just a bit funny saying "Summer Goals" when it's 59° outside and there's a steady drizzle.  Summer?  Yeah.  It's taking its sweet time in getting here.  Back in Missouri, it's in the 80's, and I could really go for a good thunderstorm instead of this wimpy drizzle.

But today I bring you the latest news…

Summer Goal #2: Completed



Twenty sets.  Earrings, anyone?!  Yes, I did have fun.  And no, I don't plan on making more at the present.  This is a good start.  (Those earrings aren't for me, by the way.  That would be overkill.)

Did I just mention "earrings" and "me" in the same sentence?  Oh yes, that brings us to...

Summer Goal #3: Completed

Oddly enough, this goal has very little connection with the previous one, except that they both were accomplished on the same day.  I just finally decided to get over my fear of sharp objects being stuck into me and so…



...I got my ears pierced.  It was quite an ordeal.  Would you believe I almost fainted???  Yes, almost is the key.  I didn't.

(Go ahead and say it..."Rachel's a wimp!"  I know.  I really don't like needles or needle-like objects, thank you very much!)

---



And this is the secret of my success and happiness.  Now you know.  ;)

(Just kidding.  You don't think I'd give away my real secret, do you?)

---

Another day to see God's hand.  I wish I was more aware of it.  But I do know He's at work in every moment, and I'm thankful that no matter what, He remains the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment