Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Saturday's Outing

Auntie Cheryl planned an outing for her Sunday School class, and I got to help.  They've been studying the story of Exodus, so she thought it would be nice to plan an outing around that theme.  We went to a farm to see the lambs (and everything else), and then back to the house afterwards for games and simple Passover dinner.



Hanging out before we left



---

You know how hard it is to get this many kids in a picture?!  Forget about everyone sitting still and smiling at the camera...





Obviously we're not going for the posed look.  :)



But they're still fun.

---

They got to feed some of the animals - chickens, goats, and sheep.





(Beautiful, isn't she?  And she has a wonderfully hilarious personality packed into her tiny frame!)





Watching the peacock was fascinating



I'd never seen one with such a full and colorful tail of feathers!  Unfortunately that day I managed to keep getting shots of the backside of things instead of the faces or the fronts.



(See, I told you!)







Feeding the goats





Three-day-old goats.  Baby goats are my favorite...

If they stayed that size, I'd be happy to have one as a pet.  Well, except the fact that I don't have a supply of hay.  Or the patience to keep a goat of out trouble.

Never mind.  I don't want a goat as a pet.

---

I love this sequence.

















---



All around the dinner table

---

This has nothing to do with the rest of the post.  :)

I had lunch with Mrs. W this week, and she had something for me.



Meet Uta - the newest bear.



Don't they make a cute little bear family?

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment