Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dear _____,

Cosmos... You really are hearty plants, aren't you?  You've graced our backyard for months, and it looks like you'll still be blooming in December!

December... How did you possibly get here so. soon?!  Well, you're not here just yet, but...in a few days.

Scented candles... Yum!  You smell like Fall.  (Not that Fall has really has its own scent, but that's beside that point.)

Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals... I know you think you're irresistible.  But I knew what I wanted and wasn't going to lured into buying oodles of things I don't need, just 'cause you kept showing up in my inbox.





Wind and rain beating against the windows... You are music to my ears.

Pumpkin pie... You have always been a favorite of mine.  You also seem to have stolen my sister's heart.  She said you were the reason for her existence.  Basically, you are welcome in our home at any time.

Four-inch spike-y heels... My feet hate your guts.  I wore you on Sarah's wedding day, but I'm giving you the boot.  (No pun intended.)  I will sell you to someone who prefers fashion over comfort.  I want you out of my closet.  My feet hurt every time I look at you.







Leaves... Lookin' pretty snappy this year!

Flavored coffee... You make me happy.

Crazy dog who got all excited when I put my shoes on... Settle down!  I have to take something out to the mailbox.  Do you think I'd take you for a walk in weather like this?!

Books borrowed from a friend... You are perfect for this time of year.  Nothing like a cold, rainy day to read a book!

Nephews and niece... I know I've said it before, but you melt my heart every time I see you.



Far-away friend... We miss you!  Yay that you're coming home for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment