Monday, November 26, 2012

I'm sitting here listening to The Piano Guys.  The song playing now reminds me of my cousin Sam.  Somehow I can just picture his hands flying all over a piano playing this tune.

We had pasta and red sauce (with Italian sausage - yum!) for dinner.  The house still smells like it.

It's going to be another cold night, I think.  Time to bring the space heater back to my room again?  Maybe.  We'll see.

Twinkle Lullaby is playing now.  I'd like to say it's making Tephra drowsy, but that's pretty much her normal state.  Drowsy.

I want to Joann's this evening and was in the store for at minute, perhaps.  It wasn't a shopping trip, that's why!  I dropped off an application.  Yup.  Looking for a job again.  Seriously, how fun would it be to work at Joann's?!  I'm pretty sure it would be awesome.  BUT...it's more than likely that I'll fill out a lot more applications than just that.

It's in God's hands.

I know that.

Sometimes I guess I act like certain things might be too hard for Him, though.

In the back of my mind, I'm thinking, I was looking for a job for almost a year before I got the one at the Summer camp.  Will I even find another one before I'm supposed to leave for West Africa?

I know He wants me to trust Him with all the details.

And much as I'd like to be done with that lesson, I'm not.  I still don't trust Him perfectly.  He keeps giving me chances to practice trust.  He's wonderfully patient!

---



She was here for the weekend and it was fabulous.

She's so much fun!!  More than that, she is a real encouragement.



She brought projects to work on.  I pulled out some of my own.



Like cutting up dozens of little squares from scrapbook paper.

For crafty projects.  (You don't think I'd waste my time cutting up itsy-bitsy pieces of paper for no reason whatsoever, do you?)

Cards, maybe?

Or decorating gifts?

I'm not sure yet.

I just know I'll use them.



There was also a stack of made-from-magazine-page envelopes to finish gluing.



It made a good backdrop for hours of conversation.



Not to mention making us productive!



I realize now that I didn't take pictures of her handiwork - doilies, for one.  I should have.

Well, it's late and though I could say a lot more -

It was a positively delightful weekend.

I'm so glad you came, my sister-friend, and thank you for everything.

---

Now good night, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment