Monday, May 20, 2013

On the brain...

My head is dancing with visions of action packers and lists of vaccines.

Actually, dancing is too graceful a word.  Playing a lively game of tag-you're-it would be a better description.

It's three months until I leave, and there is so much to think about.  So. much. to think about.

When I start to feel panicked or slightly insane, I start making lists.  Making lists is therapeutic for me.  Then I look at the lists and everything I'm supposed to do and that's when I start feeling crazy again.

On my bulletin board, I have this quote from a lovely friend:

"I'm trying to plan for the future, and I can't see beyond today.  And yet today is all I need to see.  The Lord's prayer doesn't say, 'Give us this day everything we need for the next three months,' but, 'Give us this day our daily bread.'"

Ah, the perfect reminder for me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment