Sunday, May 26, 2013

The End of an Era...Sort of

[This post originally appeared on my NTM blog.]

Okay, so we typically think of an era as a longer period of time, but I'm going to pretend it can work equally work to describe three months.

This Friday, after three months of working as a cashier, I turned in my orange apron.  It feels a weird to be planning for a week without work.  Now I have even more time to cram to the full!  (Oh, dear…)

So, you may be wondering, “If you're not leaving for Senegal until August, why are you quitting your job now?”  Good question!  I asked myself that, too.  But after thinking and praying about it, I know that now was the right time to quit.  There's a long list of what needs to be done before I’m ready to leave, and I believe God wants me to focus on that.

This job was an answer to prayer.  I'm thankful for His perfect timing, for great supervisors and a cool bunch of coworkers – and for also for His leading in when to quit.  His hand has been obvious in each step so far, and I know it will be in this next step, too.

“So…what will you be doing with all your free time?”  Another good question.  To give you an idea of what is on the afore-mentioned list, here's a snapshot:

– Get vaccinations.  (I still have several more to go.)
– Compile a packing list.
– Find/purchase items on packing list.
– Buy a new laptop and any other necessary tech-y stuff.
– Find tickets.
– Visit with friends and family…who I won't get to see for several years.
– Paperwork (shot records, a will, etc.).
– And more!

Please pray that I won't get so caught up in doing and checking things off my cool list that I forget to walk with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment