Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tidbits

A few pictures…
 
 
The winner of the 2014 election: apple berry crisp.  (I couldn’t decide between cobbler and crisp, so I took a vote.  It was a landslide victory for the crisp.)
 
 
“Oh, yay!  Long grain rice!”
 
 
…only, when I got home, I discovered it was broken long grain rice.  I was a tad disappointed.  But when I made a batch this weekend, I was pleased with how it turned out – the texture was a bit fluffier, and it seemed to cook more evenly.
 
“Your future will hold more broken rice.”  - my (imaginary) fortune cookie
 
And on a more serious note:
The Puritans had a saying - “Reduce to practice.”  That’s something I’ve thought about a lot this past week or so.  I don’t want my studying and memorizing of God’s Word to produce some theoretical mist swirling around in my head (“arm’s length theology”, Alistair Begg would call it); I want it to trickle down into my everyday life.  I want the truths He shows me to affect how I talk and plan and laugh and shop and study French.  Pray that with me, would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment