Wednesday, January 1, 2014

To Start it Off

I’m not sure why I thought blog hopping would be a good idea at that particular time – I’d finished my favorite book cover-to-cover in one sitting, and there was no use going to bed since it was just before midnight and the neighbors were setting off an impressive barrage of fireworks.
 
So I started reading and scrolling through pictures.  Seventeen minutes into 2014 I was crying because everyone was talking about family and home, and I’m here with my cockroaches and Rue and my 2013 calendar pictures just hung up on the walls.  Such a high note to start on.
 
I don’t know what you hold, 2014, but two things I do know: it’s going to be a year of grace, and God is here with us.  And that is enough.
 
I wrote that just a couple days ago.  They seem like such brave words.
 
But they’re not brave, only true.  I don’t have it all together.  I’m done with the days of pretending that I do.  But grace means I don’t have to be perfect or enough, because He is always perfect and enough.  And He is always here, wherever “here” may be.
 
His faithfulness does not depend on my faith.  His sovereignty is not threatened by my humanness.  His grace holds no conditions for me to meet.
 
And so I am free to live each day, weak and hopeful and human and redeemed and loved.
 
God is the Hero of this story.
 
God. is. the Hero.

1 comment:

  1. His faithfulness does not depend on my faith. His sovereignty is not threatened by my humanness. His grace holds no conditions for me to meet. Those are wise words my sister. I am going to post them on my fb wall. There are so much unhappiness our past year holds and more to come in the new year. Keep the perspective you just wrote about and you will be amazed how God will open your eyes to His wonder and He will pour you out a blessing.

    ReplyDelete