Monday, February 17, 2014

In which we take a stroll

Some sights around the block -
 
 
Minarets, brick walls, and black paint: they're everywhere.
 
 
  
 
 
The variety of color and design in the iron-work (doors, balconies, and windows) is intriguing.
 
 
Coca-Cola.  It's everywhere, too...
 
 
 
 
Nescafé, anyone?
 
 
 
 
So many bricks.  So little time.  Or...something.
 
 
 
I think this is a restaurant of some sort, but it didn't look like it was open for business yet.
 
 
What a dapper pair, eh?
 
 
 
 
With all the construction work being done throughout the city, you'd expect to see more bulldozers and cranes, but you don't see a lot.
 
 
I saw three boys walking down the road with their backpacks and thought, "That would be a cute picture!"  Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of moving subjects, when you're moving and at the same time trying to be discreet?!
 
 
Here's another "while I was moving" shot.  We may not have an overabundance of tractors and bulldozers here, but there are cement mixers everywhere.
 
 
"No dumping trash, please."  Oh, the irony of this scene.
 
 
 
  
 
A house within a (not-yet-finished) house
 
 
  
 
 
Color: I will delight in it wherever I find it.
 

1 comment:

  1. You color my spirits Rachel! The photos you post educate us a little more each time, into your world. I am confident that your life brightens the spirits of those who surround you, and I pray that you too will be encouraged by the many ways that He supplies. I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete