Monday, June 2, 2014

Of Bricks, Birds, and Bands

They're making progress on the building across the street.
 
 
 
The space (I don't know what else to call it - it's not a field and it's not a yard) next to my apartment has turned into a brick-making factory once more.
 
 
Two of the guys were mixing cement up on the roof...which will become the floor of the level they're working on.
 
- - -
 
 
Oh, Michelle.
 
- - -
 
 
- - -
 
 
Three magazines my friend gave me.  I looked through them - drooled over the recipes, enjoyed the colorful photos, snickered at some of the ads - and now they're waiting for an envelope-making session. :)
 
Here are some of the ads:
 
 
So we've all been doing it wrong...we should be using teethbrushes, not toothbrushes.  Glad we got that straightened out.
 
 
 
Your dog can look like this too, if you buy our special dog food!
 
 
Sign me up!
 
 
Isn't he so cute?  I like geckos.  Which you didn't know.
 
Oh, speaking of geckos, the other week, I discovered another gecko hanging out with Goliath.  I named him Betelgeuse.
 
- - -
 
 
 
I found this band of butternut squash jamming in my kitchen yesterday.  Meet Alan, Frankie, Bri, Matt, and Carlos.  (Notice the soul patch on the squash furthest right?  That's for you, Hannah.)
 
Okay.  You're thinking I've gone off the deep end.  Not only do I name geckos, I name vegetables.

But I can be serious.

I'm just choosing not to be at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment