Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Thanksgiving(ish) Post

It's Thanksgiving, so today we'll take a quick break from looking at trip pictures.
 
It hasn't seemed very much like Thanksgiving, in all honesty.  The other day, a friend wrote that she was getting ready to have family on Thursday, and I almost replied (in all seriousness!), "Oh, you're having family over?  For what?"
 
For Thanksgiving, dummy, that's what.
 
Maybe it's just as well that Thanksgiving hasn't constantly been in the forefront of my mind the past few weeks.  Holidays are hard away from family...
 
Which is kind of what this post is about.  Not about being away, but about family.
 
I'm thankful for my family - as a whole, but also for one member in particular who joined us four weeks ago.  Which makes this a rather delayed announcement.
 
But that's another story for another time, perhaps.  Right now I'd just like you all to meet my newest (and incredibly adorable) little nephew, Malachi Anthony.
 
 
He looks like his mommy's newborn pictures.
 
 
The Thinker
 
 
 
He's so tiny!
 
 
 
See that little pinky?  See how it's crooked?  His mommy, auntie (me), grandma, and great-grandma all have crooked pinkies, too.
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Evil Laugh 
 
 
He's just perfect, isn't he?
 
 
 
He looks mighty pleased with himself.  We're pretty pleased with the cutie pie too. :)
 
 
 
My heart is in a puddle...
 
There you go.  Little Malachi.
 
And to family and friends both near and far, Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment