Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A Bit of Rambling

So I have some random thoughts swirling around in my head right now, not all of them deep...

~ I like listening to Christmas music even in February.  The dust of the holiday season has settled, the busyness that goes along with the festivities has faded, and after that the quiet truths remain.  God came down.  He lived with us.  He lives with us.  And because of that, we can have peace and hope and joy - all the things Christmas songs are so full of.  I love that these things aren't just for December.  I love that the story that started with a Baby in a manger doesn't end there, but keeps on going and going and going.  Emmanuel is for right here, right now, every day.

~ Having Leah staying with me for her first two weeks was a blessing in some unexpected ways.  As she was seeing everything with fresh eyes and processing the initial adjustments, it took me back a year and a half to when I first came.  I realized that the God whose faithfulness got me through those first days and weeks is the same God I have today.  He was enough for what lay behind, and He will be enough for what lies ahead - for me, for her, for all of us.

~ The power has been going off frequently since the weekend (and I heard it was pretty widespread across the city).  It's frustrating, although to some degree I've learned to accept it.  Even the simplest of plans can't be taken for granted - if you run out of power on your battery, you can't finish those emails you were wanting to work on.  Also, the internet has been incredibly temperamental...

~ I am realizing (again) that I love my reputation too much.  Of all the things to trust God with, this continues to be a difficult one for me.  I'd like to control everyone's perception of me.  Even though I know in my head that it's not important, my actions say otherwise.  Instead of just letting God be the Hero I choose to worry about my reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment