Thursday, February 12, 2015

Live Like That

"If I allow a reaching-out God total control of my life, what will I be doing?"
 
The obviousness of the answer scares me a bit.
 
I'd rather it wasn't so straightforward, because of course the flip side of the coin is that if I'm not reaching out, He doesn't have total control of my life.
 
I've found myself in a somewhat reflective mood since the beginning of the year.  The end of E2 is finally in sight off on the horizon, and I've done a lot of thinking over the past year and a half.
 
 
...What kind of impact have I had here?
 
...Have I been a reflection of Jesus' love?
 
...Has my worship been more than words, but actions?
 
...Has my life given evidence of what God's grace can do?
 
...When people see me, do they see Him?
 
 
It's humbling to ponder those questions.  I've failed many times in many ways.  As I think about the remainder of my time in E2 - and to what lies beyond that - this is my prayer:
 
Lord, help me not to hold back.  To live abandoned to You.  To give this life all I have.  To live and love so that others can see and know You.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment