Saturday, September 17, 2011

That Time of Year

Again?  Already?  No, I'm not complaining.  I like Fall, mostly.

There's a subtle color change in the trees around here. I was just noticing it the other day.  When the wind blows, you can see the leaves fluttering to the ground.  There is something beautiful about that, I think.  The days are getting shorter and cooler - and we've had a few drizzly ones this week.

It's the perfect time of year for apple cider, pumpkin bread, and hot bowls of soup.  Or for curling up with a good book, lighting scented candles (Wait!  I do that all year...), or fabric shopping for fun sewing projects.

Well, none of those are on the agenda for today (except the 'lighting scented candles' part).  Or next week, for that matter.  Today it's more like this -

~bake bread

~look for tickets home for Christmas

~do laundry

~clean

~write a note

~memory work (I just started working on 1 Peter this week, and I love, love, LOVE that book!  My goal is to memorize the whole thing by the end of the year.  Maybe more on that another time.)

~visit with Jackie (a staff lady)

~post on Xanga

---

And this week, you ask, what was it like?  To be honest, Linguistics has not been my favorite thing this semester.  (Perhaps a bit unfortunate, since it's the ONLY class this semester.)  It doesn't come easy for me.  Frustrated and totally lost are two ways I frequently feel.  There are the days when I wonder, How in the world am I going to get through this homework problem?  Duh.  The same way I got through the last problem.  And the one before that.

God's grace.

I'm not just saying that, friends.  I really mean it.  Because on my own I have felt completely overwhelmed by the material we're (trying) to cover.  Yet somehow...somehow...here I am, at the end of another week.  The grades aren't worth bragging about, and many times I still don't "get" things.  But Week 5 now sits on the shelf, another trophy of God's grace, joining a long line of similar trophies.  He is the one who brought me to this point, and I'm thankful circumstances have been such that I can claim no glory for myself.

Esther said, "It's one thing to know we have grace.  I think it's another when we're able to experience it."  Amen, Sister!!  And the Lord in His love has been moving me past that "knowing" to the "experiencing".  Easy?  No.  Worth it?  Yes! a thousand times.

He is good.

---

Alrighty.  I think it's time to put the laundry in the dryer and clean up the kitchen from breakfast.  Thanks for stopping by.  I wish you a happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment