Monday, September 5, 2011

Virtual Tour

Howdy, friends!  The apartment is now fully furnished and decorated (more or less, anyway), and now there are pictures so I can give you a virtual tour.

But first, go make that cup of coffee.  You know you want to.  ;)

---



Up the stairs we go.  See my hanging ivy?  I like it.



The view from the landing...

Yes, the day was every bit as beautiful as it looks.  Sunny and breezy and simply marvelous!



And towards the left...



Hey!  You're not headed back down those stairs already, are you?  We've barely started!



Welcome to my home!  Won't you come in?



There's the kitchen.  I like how things are now neat and tidy for the most part, but have a comfortable, lived-in feel - as evidenced in this picture by the rack of dishes drying on the stove.



This is the kitchen table, which is more a workspace, in absence of "real" counters, than a place I sit down and eat.  The shelf is my happily well-stocked "pantry".  And of course, you see my faithful friend the coffee maker sitting on the table.



And here's the living room.  I wish the colors had showed up better, but the whole living room-kitchen-dining area has a sort of rustic feel.  Lots of brown and green.  I absolutely love it!



The little table was originally my bedside table, but I needed something to set my phone on, and this was it.



This shelf was here when I arrived - it's just right for a combination of storage and decor/display.

If you look closely at the bottom right corner of the picture, you'll see a yellow clipboard and black carrying pouch - my official work detail gear.



The brown checkered curtains add a touch of country charm, which goes really well with the rest of the main room.  At least I think so.



I think I'll be ready for classes tomorrow.  (And don't make fun of the Pooh backpack.  I needed one and the only other choice available at the time was Bob the Builder.  So there.)

---

For you curious souls...



I stood just outside the bathroom door to snap this one.  That should give you an idea of how small it is.



One of four frames my friend Lindsey gave me (knowing that tulips are my very favorite flower).  Unfortunately my camera hasn't done justice to anything in the apartment, it seems.

---

Now the bedroom.


Just inside my bedroom, two more of the tulip frames.



There's nothing like a closet without doors to inspire tidiness, baby.  (Not that I'm prone to sloppiness.)

Check out those cabinets above the closet, though.  The extra storage space is pretty nice.



More country-ness.  I know, I know.  That's not a word.



That's the bedside table before it was moved to the living room.  And the chair?  I know it looks sort of brownish-purple in the picture, but it's actually a wonderfully rich cranberry color.  I've had it since my first semester here.

And above the chair, note the last of the four tulip frames, which will probably end up getting moved somewhere else on the wall.  I still need to overcome the problem of too much white wall space in the bedroom.



Zoe!



My desk.  (What else would it be, right?)



The navy blue lace seemed like a fun, girlie touch...



Some more fun stuff I found.  (I should explain that this, as well as much of my decor, was found in the "Mission Barrel" - like an on-campus consignment store, only FREE!!!)



That's after the bedside table was gone.  Hey, look!  The colors on the comforter showed up much better here.  But sadly, the chair still looks brown...

What's cool is how God provided so many fun and useful things (that matched!) without me having to spend a lot of time or money.  It's wonderfully homey and I'm really thankful for the way He provided for the needs - and way beyond.

---

Let's revisit that picture on the desk.



Sisters - twelve years ago.



And now here we are...



Yup, we have fun.



Sometimes too much?!

(These were taken the night before I left for school.)

---

Well, so long.  Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment