Saturday, December 24, 2011

Feliz navidad, feliz navidad...

"...I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas from the bottom of my heart..."

---

Is it really Christmas Eve already?!  Where, oh where has time gone?

This year, I haven't been interested in the everlasting debate over whether Jesus was born on December 25.  In condemnations of Christmas trees and lights.  In a big ordeal of shopping and stressing over everything being just so.  Somehow I don't think that all matters so very much.

I'm just thankful - thankful to be home with my family and looking forward to enjoying a good dinner with some of our extended family - including my niece and nephews (I can't wait to squeeze them and kiss their adorable little faces again!).

For the miracle of Jesus' birth, a miracle that gives us something to celebrate every day of every season.

For what He's done in my life this past year.

And I'm thankful for each of you.

With so many things to be thankful for, it seems sort of silly to spend time quibbling over trivial things.  Christmas tree, no Christmas tree...lights, ornaments, stockings, or not...

Let's celebrate Christmas with God's grace in mind, with thankfulness for the many blessings (earthly and spiritual) He's showered on us.

---

Forgive me for climbing on my soapbox.  I'd only intended to wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas, my dear friends!

Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment