Friday, December 9, 2011

The Best Kind of Friends

In response to my recent newsletter (in which I shared how God was leading me towards West Africa), I received this email.  John and his wife Erin were two of my classmates and still very dear friends.

[edited slightly]

"Holy suffering cats.  Let me put some of that fear back in you!

Just kidding.  How exciting, Rachel.  God is amazing, and I wouldn't put it past Him to put a region on your mind like that.  As much as we love logic and reason He has many means to convince us of things.

...praising God with my little sister...

I can't wait to go tell Erin the news.

Your bro,
John"

I have no explanation for his colorful expression at the beginning, but the whole email made me smile.  The friendships I've made here during the training are some of the dearest I've ever had.  They're more than friends.  They're family, friends, and coworkers all wrapped up together.  The things I have learned from them and with them are priceless.

Brothers and sisters for life - and beyond.

I am very, very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment